Monday, September 24, 2007

"Hi! My name is Wanda Maire."


I have a friend and her name is Wanda Maire. We have just celebrated our one year anniversary of being friends. throughout our time being friends she has kicked me in the butt, literally, a few times, challenged me spiritually, and has threatened to cuff me upside the head if i ever entertain the thought of Internet dating, twice if needed.

We have endeavored on many adventures: canoeing, colorful trips to programs, and a great time shopping at the Eastern Market. (See picture below). Whatever she may say, if you go to the Eastern Market with her DO NOT, DO NOT i repeat, let her convince you to buy to eggs and that you should try them. she said it was a Philippines food and that she had it before but the look on my face before trying it is in no way even close to the reality of what we experienced that day.


She is a great friend who has encouraged and inspired me to not only be a better person but to be a better woman. She is always feeding me her newest and spiciest dishes while she listens to my cynical tributes to the world. she is understanding and a person who helps me realise the foolishness of the things i sometimes think and say. As you may see from the picture below we have matching vacuum boxes (and vacuums too). We also have red rings that match that we got from a gumball machine at Fudruckers. we have realised that we are actually quite alike and i appreciate the fact that when i use big words she knows what i am saying. i also appreciate that she laughs at my jokes that others do not get.

Our next endeavors, i am sure, will be grand... or perhaps mundane... but they will be memorable and special.

though there are now three Wanda Maires that i know, she is the only one who holds a special spot in my heart... and my car. i love you WM and may every endeavor that we have result in at least one other person saying, "Hi! My name is Wanda Maire."

3 comments:

pseudostarss said...

Crystal, your so cute and I miss you! Why arent you at camp anymore?? You back at home?? Forever? I should email you. I do miss you. Im praying for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ya... cool friend! She can be interesting at times... but then again so can some other people...

wm said...

Crystal, I love you