Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ode to Fanny


"Their practicality is only overshadowed by their fashionability." A wise man once mussed. Or maybe my selective memory romanticized his poetic admiration of the fashion accessory of the 90's in the hopes that all the fanny packs in Salvation Army Thrift Stores, Value Villages and MCC Thrift Shops all across the nation would be bought and treasured once again.

The more we wore them the greater our minds justified their practicality. We wore them to Holly's: the diner in the middle of now where, half way between Choiceland and Snowden. (Which we highly recommend as they have vanilla, chocolate and swirl soft ice cream there.) We put our cameras inside them and our wallets. And inside the second pocket i put my new puzzle. Andrew put his money in his too. But mostly he complained about not having as cool as a fanny pack as me because he didn't have a second pocket and his wasn't very big to fit lots of stuff. Sharaya was pretty much happy with her fanny pack because it was free and awesome too. To bad that she is hiding it with her camera in the picture. Maybe, she is ashamed of it.

Andrew decided that if he wore his fanny pack all summer he could always have his camera with him to take pictures. I guess that is assuming that he will put his camera in the fanny pack. So we covenanted to band together and wear our fanny packs this summer to carry stuff in it. When one person wears a fanny pack he or she is a looser but when three people wear fanny packs they are cool. Sharaya suggested that we buy all the fanny packs that we can and sell them at the canteen at Torch this summer "...because all the kids would want them when they see us wearing them." And if you are wondering... When two are wearing then they are married.

8 comments:

wm said...

I recieved a fanny pack for my birthday back in the day!

Anonymous said...

O Crystal, you are right that when one person wears a fanny pack it is uncool, but three make it cool. However, I do not think I could bring myself to wear one again, despite it's practicality. Good luck to you and your two companions, but do not wear these fanny packs outside of the country, otherwise Canada might get a bad rep.

Pablo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pablo said...

Hey Crystal your love of writing is evidenced in this blog! (why didn't I realize that before we were done collage... you could have helped me do so much more:)) You do well at it... If it is true about wearing two fanny packs then one might hope Sharaya doesn't take her's off (then again another might wish that she would...).

elly said...

I hope you guys can take over the world with the aid of your fanny packs. Thanks for making my day!

pseudostarss said...

Crystal! I litterally stumbled across your blog. :) Email me?!
sfiddlerx@hotmail.com

pseudostarss said...

(I should say my name...This is Starla)

Anonymous said...

Well I fully resent Paul's comments. And I'm not ashamed of my fannypack.