Friday, March 30, 2007

i am not ashamed... i still sleep with a stuffed toy.


i don't have a baby. i don't have a boyfriend. but i do have a tatter tot. he has been with me for a very long time now. in fact, my memory does not exist before there was a tatter tot.

apparently, when i was small i didn't name him. years later i found him in a box in the basement and i kinda felt bad that i didn't remember his name. my mom had taken him away and put him in some box in a corner of our dark, dank, horrible and cold basement. i am sure the basement was drafty and musty as well.

anyways, all i knew was that he was mine. i remember opening the box and seeing a few things that i recognized from my childhood. "hey, this is mine!" i exclaimed. i took my bear, the little pillow and a few blankets and ushered them into my room. for a while the yellow bear remained nameless.

sometime during the duration of my first year at Bible school, nbi, i named him, tatter tot, after those tasty little potato things that one can eat for, preferably, breakfast or brunch. though they could be eaten anytime thoughout the day or even night, i suppose. since being named tatter tot, he has accompanied me on many adventures: to bgse in lake louise, and numerous soccer tournaments. here is a picture to commemorate the love that i have for tatter tot. i am not ashamed... i still sleep with a stuffed toy.

No comments: